Why does Katena use "cookies" and other tracking technologies?
- Passive information collection technologies can make your use of our Site easier by allowing us to provide better service, customize your Site experience, compile statistics, analyze trends, and otherwise administer and improve the Site. Certain features of our Site may not work without use of passive information collection technologies.
- You can also learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org.
What types of cookies and other tracking technologies does Katena use?
- This Site uses "session" cookies. Session cookies are temporary bits of information that are erased once you exit your web browser window or otherwise turn your computer off. Session cookies are used, for example, to improve navigation on our Site, and to collect aggregated statistical information.
- Katena uses "persistent" cookies. Persistent cookies are more permanent bits of information that are placed on the hard drive of your computer and stay there unless you delete the cookie. Persistent cookies store information on your computer for a number of purposes, such as retrieving certain information you have previously provided (e.g., passwords), helping to determine what areas of the web site visitors find most valuable, and customizing the web site based on your preferences on an ongoing basis. Persistent cookies placed by this site on your computer may hold personally identifiable information, but only if you have registered or have otherwise consented to the retention of personally identifiable information you have provided at the site. Otherwise our site's server only knows that an unidentified visitor with your cookies has returned to the site.
- Katena may, now or in the future, use "web beacons" (also known as internet tags, single-pixel GIFs, clear GIFs, and invisible GIFs) A web beacon is a tiny graphic on a web page or in an e-mail message that is used to track pages viewed or messages opened. Web beacons tell the web site server information such as the IP address and browser type related to the visitor's computer. Web beacons may be placed on online advertisements that bring people to our site and on different pages of our site. Web beacons provide us with information on how many times a page is opened and which information is consulted.
- Katena’s Site may use certain Google Analytics Advertising Display Features, which collect information through cookies. If you would like to opt-out of having your data used by these cookies, please use the Google Analytics opt-out available here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
- Katena may, now or in the future, engage in certain interest-based advertising. The Digital Advertising Alliance maintains a web site where consumers can opt out from receiving interest-based advertising from some or all of the network advertising companies participating in the program (www.AboutAds.info/choices).